[SLUG] Grub -> Lilo

Adams, Jamie JAMIE.ADAMS at HOMEGROUP.ORG.UK
Mon Sep 2 11:52:01 BST 2002

I currently have RedHat 7.2 booting with Grub (the default option).

I have been playing about for the last few days trying to get a framebuffer
high resolution console. It used to be fairly easy under Mandrake (I always
seem to be saying that), I just used an option such as "vga=771" in the lilo
config file.

I have tried to recompile my kernel to make sure it has Framebuffer support
enabled. I couldn't get the recompiled kernel to boot, but thats a different
story all together. The default redhat kernel .config file has FB enabled,
so in the end, I dont think I needed to recompile.

Anyway, the crux of it is that I cant get grub to boot into framebuffer,
and im hoping that the switch to lilo will solve the problem

Has anyone got any experiance of doing this? Any tips or advice? I really
dont want to mess up my system, and i realise that f'ing around with the
bootloader would be an easy way to knacker it all up.

Any help appreciated.

http://www.star.net.uk