[SLUG] Any mutt users?

Gavin Baker gavbaker at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 19 01:18:00 BST 2002

On Wed, 2002-09-18 at 13:20, Al Girling wrote:
> How do I go about telling mutt about POP3 and SMTP server and my
> account  details?

I use mutt purely as an MUA, with fetchmail+procmail to fetch and
process my mail and sendmail to send it. It's a great way to handle
mail, and mutt is a great MUA. Not that this helps you in any way :)

I know mutt has a compile time option to enable pop3 access. Have a look
at the packages readme to see if your mutt has this feature, they
usually mention things like this (probably in /usr/share/doc/mutt*/).
Also check mutt's help (F1 inside mutt) and search for POP3 (with
'/POP3') or SMTP. And theres always google.com/linux and mutt.org:(

Jamie, how do you handle POP3/SMTP with it ?

Regards,
Gav