[SLUG] Things we need to do.

Adams, Jamie JAMIE.ADAMS at HOMEGROUP.ORG.UK
Thu Sep 26 12:31:01 BST 2002

Hello All,

In the past, I have had quite a few suggestions of things that people would
like to see done. I dont like to see things go unanswered,  I thought that I
would go through everything that has been suggested, and see if there is
some way that we can get at least some of them done.

The following is a list of *most* of the suggestions received, and a few
that I have added. Some of them may not be needed anymore, in which case we
can just ignore them. What I am looking for is a suggestion on how we can
take each of them forward, and some volunteers to sort it out. Obviously new
things will crop up all the time but if we can pick out the best of these,
or add new ones, we will have a plan of things to do at meetings etc, and
hopefully stop things from becoming stagnant.

Things for meetings:

1.	Sessions on how to install and configure basic applications,
hardware and peripherals such as pci cards, zip drives, printers and modems.

2.	Tutorial on basic shell (bash) use.
3.	Explanation of the boot process.
4.	Explanation of the permissions system.
5.	Recompiling the kernel.
6.	Mail the Unix Way - Postfix, Sendmail, Fetchmail, Procmail.

Misc Things:
1.	Links page for the website.
2.	Linux Directory (I think this tie's in with suggestion number 1.)

And probably loads more.

Or I could be talking out of the wrong hole :)

http://www.star.net.uk