[SLUG] PHP and databases

Gavin Baker gavbaker at ntlworld.com
Fri Sep 27 00:09:01 BST 2002

On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 23:25, Ian Eade @ IGM Web Design wrote:

> I assume you're intending use MySql? Even tho for now this is a mute point
> as getting some basic idea on what PHP is and how it can be used would be
> better to start with and then move on to databases. However databases using
> PHP is not complicated and there are a lot of options available

I agree, the small tutorial (http://www.php.net/manual/en/tutorial.php)
and the php MySQL reference/examples/useful-comments at
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.mysql.php on php.net should be enough
for most of what you need.

The obstacle will probably be designing the database and SQL itself, at
least if you've never used databases before.

just my 2p's worth :)

Regards,
Gav