[SLUG] The Linux Uprising

Jonathan Worthington jonathan at jwcs.net
Thu Apr 3 18:51:00 BST 2003

Hi,

Didn't make the meeting on Wed for several reasons, including being unwell,
on top of that having too much work to do and then I wanted to catch some of
the England match too...

> I agree. I don't like using Microsoft products if I can help it, but
> with 'Access' they have really brought databases down to regular user
> level. Even I can work with them easily. Put SQL or something similar in
> front of me however and im likely to just stare at in blankly.
Yeah, it's a pretty powerful tool with all its scripting capabilities and so
on too...

> In my opinion, it's a fairly vital part of an office suite, though
> neither Sun, KDE or Gnome have addressed this issue with their office
> suites. Maybe one day :)
I think the Sun StarOffice comes with some kind of database program, but
it's missing from OpenOffice.Org.

I'm sure somebody will write one some day.  ;-)

Jonathan