[SLUG] kernel upgrade.

Al Girling al21 at firenet.uk.com
Sun Aug 10 18:43:00 BST 2003

Hi all,

I've been trying to change from my current 2.4.18bf24 kernel to a
2.4.18-686 kernel.  Finding the kernel and installing it is no
problem.  But I have problems when I'm asked make sure I've upgraded
my /etc/lilo.conf file.  I'm prompted to add, 'initrd=/initrd.conf' to
the 'image=/vmlinuz' stanza.  This I've tried but without success as I
just get error messages.  I was under the impression the any changes to
lilo.conf needed to be followed by running '/sbin/lilo.conf'.

I know this procedure was successful at the last slug meet when
Debian was reinstalled on my new machine.  But I can't for the life of
me remember how it was done.

Dose anyone have any clues?

TIA

Al Girling			Registered Linux User: 290080
mailto:al21 at firenet.uk.com	Debian GNU/Linux