[SLUG] kernel upgrade.

Al Girling al21 at firenet.uk.com
Mon Aug 11 22:53:01 BST 2003

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 08:39:35PM +0000, Jamie Adams wrote:
<snip>
> > I know this procedure was successful at the last slug meet when
> > Debian was reinstalled on my new machine.  But I can't for the life of
> > me remember how it was done.

> The way I solved it was to recompile the new kernel without initrd support. Then
> you dont need to boot with the initrd image! Not really an answer to your
> question, but a last resort if it really gets you stuck.

Cheers Jamie,

This may be what I need to do, but plucking up the courage to attempt
a kernel recompile might need a couple of stiff drinks! :)  It's
definitely something I want to know about.  But it's a going to be a
while before I feel I'll be ready to do this.

Al Girling			Registered Linux User: 290080
mailto:al21 at firenet.uk.com	Debian GNU/Linux