[SLUG] Meeting Reminder

Ian Eade at IGM ieade at igmwebdesign.info
Tue Aug 19 11:56:59 BST 2003

Food for thought regarding discussing the website at tonights meeting:

1. Have a 2 page website
 - Page 1 - Home page with everthing on it, contact, meetings etc
 - Page 2 - The software library

2. Use a database driven CMS
Geeklog goes some way to this but appears overly complicated.
So what about a nice simple one?

http://www.phpweblog.org/

I have used this for years, basic outline:
* No user accounts,
* Public article submissions
* Plug ins for polls, links, stats etc
* Can do manual pages
* Easy to format and scale

3. Use a manual CMS
It has been suggested to manually add articles as they are submitted and
maybe take articles from the discussion list. Who is going to do the
manual posting and whats the criteria for what articles are to be
submitted?

I personally favour Option 2.

These 3 options are derived from comments received during the last
couple of weeks so at least the option list is getting smaller. At the
end of August a final decision can be made and something can (finally)
be implemented.

Ian

<snip>