[SLUG] My new computer..

Stuart Thomas stuartthomas at clara.co.uk
Wed Aug 20 22:39:01 BST 2003

Oh sir!

Mac OS X is based on FreeBSD (I know slap my wrist), and I like it! on
my iBook (gcc 3.1).
I also run Linux (SuSE) on vmware! on me PC.

Anyway you may find these instructions
(http://lppcfom.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/446.html ) useful.
Mac OS X and the Open Firmware make the Mac a bit like a Sun (to
configure, ok not quite, but I am being narrow), which is quite nice as
oddly enough OF is a relative (Historically) of the Sun version, and
also runs fourth! oh joy.

You may also like this site...
http://www.linuxppc.org/

have fun,