[SLUG] My new computer..

Adams, Jamie Jamie.Adams at homegroup.org.uk
Thu Aug 21 10:53:01 BST 2003

I do plan on keeping MacOSX on for the time being at least. Im a sucker
for any new operating system! It will be dual booting Linux though.

> Anyway you may find these instructions
> (http://lppcfom.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/446.html )
> useful. Mac OS X and the Open Firmware make the Mac a bit
> like a Sun (to
> configure, ok not quite, but I am being narrow), which is
> quite nice as
> oddly enough OF is a relative (Historically) of the Sun version, and
> also runs fourth! oh joy.
>
> You may also like this site...
> http://www.linuxppc.org/

Thanks Stu, of course this all rely's on the computer arriving okay. Lol

> have fun,
> Stu
> p.s. Doesn't Gentoo run on PPC?

Yes, I belive it does. It might be an option when I have broadband.

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("Intended Recipient") to whom it is addressed. It may contain information, which is privileged and confidential. Accordingly any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this message or any of its content by any person other than the Intended Recipient may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly prohibited. If you are not the Intended Recipient, please contact the sender as soon as possible.

http://www.star.net.uk