[SLUG] My new computer..

Gavin Baker gav at supercowpowers.org
Thu Aug 21 11:30:00 BST 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 10:52, Adams, Jamie wrote:

> > From: Stuart Thomas [mailto:stuartthomas at clara.co.uk]
> > Oh sir!
> >
> > Mac OS X is based on FreeBSD (I know slap my wrist), and I
> > like it! on
> > my iBook (gcc 3.1).
> > I also run Linux (SuSE) on vmware! on me PC.
>
> I do plan on keeping MacOSX on for the time being at least. Im a sucker
> for any new operating system! It will be dual booting Linux though.

maconlinux(.org) can use your existing OSX install too. So we can poke
and prod it under a real OS ;) It's kinda cool switching from full
screen X to full screen OSX.

It runs as fast as native OSX does on these ibooks. The sound isn't
perfect though, so iTunes/Reason etc kinda suck at the moment :(

ps, it looks like your new ibook is the same model as mine.

perhaps we should be renamed to SA(pple)LUG? ;)

--
Gavin Baker <gav at supercowpowers.org>