[SLUG] Top posting.

Gavin Baker gav at supercowpowers.org
Sat Aug 23 01:47:00 BST 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 23:07, Al Girling wrote:

> Sorry to be a boring git but can we please avoid top posting.  It's
> starting to look like a yahoo groups list. :)

You mean appending the previous posts is pointless because mail is
as easily accessible as the current one is, thus eliminating the need
for the previous posts to be included in the current post as an addendum
unless context is required for a reader unfamiliar with the subject of
the thread, in which case one would naturally include the contextual
text so readers pointed to the mail from outside, or reading the mail
after a pause from the thread would easily understand what the hell the
mail is about, and also allowing threads to take on an organic nature
where threads spawn specific subthreads?

> Usual stuff.  Trim replies, reply in context or post at the bottom
> please.

but my mail client starts my text at the top :(

A: No.

sorry, Gav =)
--
Gavin Baker <gav at supercowpowers.org>