[SLUG] Harddisc's & partitioning.

Al Girling al21 at firenet.uk.com
Sat Feb 8 00:07:01 GMT 2003

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 11:07:44 -0000
Adams, Jamie wrote:

> I recently had lots of partitioning fun with windows partitions :-/
>
> I used a utility from GNU called Parted, which can detect, create,
> resize, copy and check fat partitions. You can download parted from:
>
> http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/parted/
>
> Worked for me..

And me.  As you know.

Many thanks to Jamie, Gavin and Ian for getting a complete doughnut like me on the right path. ;)

The only thing is, I can't remember how it was done.  I know I should have written down the sequence of commands and the output from them, but I didn't copy them as I should have.  Doh! :(

I know I used 'parted' with 'rm /dev/hdb' but I'm sure there was more to it before the 'mkfs -t ext2 /dev/hdb' was issued.  I was hoping one of you might be able to give me the correct sequence of commands to repeat this if necessary.  To complete this thread for the archives, if nothing else. Or is there a log file somewhere that I might find the details of what we did?

Toodle pip,