[SLUG] Debian and mozilla!

Al Girling al21 at firenet.uk.com
Tue Jun 17 11:55:00 BST 2003

Hi,

I've been trying to get a little further on with my change over from Mandrake to Debian and run into a problem with Mozilla.  I've installed the mozilla-browser package with;

#apt-get install mozilla-browser

which seemed to work OK.  However It had me confused for a while as I couldn't start the app until I'd run it as root.  Don't know if this is normal with Debian or not.  Answers on a post card please?

I can now use '$ mozilla' to set things in motion but can't get passed the create a profile section.  Nothing in the create profile dialogue boxes seems to work and when I try to finish this and go with the default settings all I get is the error message;

Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)
[nsiProfileInternal.startApprunner]

I've tried to search google for this with 'lynx' without success. (what a suprise!!)  Just got the standard 'Your search has found no matches message'.  If this was Mdk I'd say I needed something else loaded, but as I understand it Debian should sort out the dependancy issues by itself.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

regards.