[SLUG] Next Meeting Days and Subject

Jonathan Worthington jonathan at jwcs.net
Mon Jun 23 16:25:02 BST 2003

Hi,

> at the moment we are having meetings on thursdays. The overwhelming vote
> for meetings to be held at the Cask Pub means that we have a choice of
> tuesdays or thursdays for meetings.
>
> I know we moved away from tuesdays because a lot of people found it
> difficult to make that day but situations change, I know mine has and
> now either day is fine for me. Could you all therefore, let me know
> wether you would prefer a tuesday or thursday for meetings.
Tuesdays are better for me; Thursdays are difficult because I do voluntary
youthwork stuff and am tied up every other Thursday (for some definition of
every other Thursday, anyway).

> Also, is anyone prepared to give a talk at the next meeting or shall we
> go free flow (just a few drinks and see what subjects come up).
I'd be prepared to give a talk on Perl some time in the future if there is
any interest from anyone in hearing about it.  It'd be good to see someone
else do a talk first though so I know how it should be presented etc.

Jonathan