[SLUG] Debian install

Alistair Girling al21 at firenet.uk.com
Sat May 10 18:25:01 BST 2003

Ok I've decided to take the plunge and do the install.  Changed the HD to a
20Gb model and started off OK.  Working through the install process until
the
prompt to 'Install kernal and driver modules' which starts with the message
'Installing rescue floppy image from floppy images on mounted medium'.
Which ends with the message 'Floppy Error, The attempt to extract the rescue
floppy from the disk failed'.  I'm unable to get any further than this
though I'm at a loss as to what I should do next!  Is there a way I can
continue the install, missing the 'rescue floppy image'?  I tried to jump
ahead to install the base system, but got a message saying that files where
corrupt!  I had to create the rescue and root floppies from fresh files from
the Debian site,  but I've successfully installed Debian on another machine
using these disks.

Any ideas people?

For the moment I'm going to put the old 5Gb HD with Mdk 9.0 back in to
regain an internet connection.  But I'd be gratefull for any advice.