[SLUG] greetings and YDL query

Carl Dixon Carl.Dixon at newcastle.ac.uk
Thu Apr 8 21:16:36 BST 2004

Hi Colm,

Just a few points to add to what Gav said. I haven't installed YDL on an
Old World Mac but the installer does all the hard work for you as far as I
know. You have to tell the installer where your Mac partition is and in
your case it I'm 99% sure it will be /dev/hda1.
The beige G3's won't boot OS X so I'm assuming you just have 9 on there on
it's own, and that it is on the only partition.
If you live locally I could come round while you install it or you could
bring the box along to one of the meetings.
Also if your HD is only 20GB I could network your machine with my
Powerbook and make a backup of all of your files if you that would
reassure you?

Carl