[SLUG] disk partitioning

Gavin Baker gav at supercowpowers.org
Fri Apr 9 14:40:27 BST 2004

Colm wrote:

> 6. Disk Setup
>
> In the top half of the screen I've got:
>
> Drive /dev/hda (Geom: 38792/16/63) Model: ST320410A)
>
>     hda6
>     9546 MB
>
>     hda7
>     9546 MB
>
> [presumably this is my partitioned Mac disk?]
>
> Drive /dev/hdc (Geom: 39761/16/63) Model: WDC WD205AA-40BAA0)
>
>     hdc5
>     19535 MB
>
> [presumably this is my Linux disk?]

hda will be your Mac disk yeah (Mode:ST* Is Seagate btw). hdc is the
Linux disc (WDC:Western Digital Corporation?).

The fact that you see

  hdc5
  19535 MB

suggests that the disk has been partitioned. The number 5 (hdc5) means
the 5th partition on disc hdc. And we see it is almost 20GB. This
explains why trying to add extra partitions fails. The disk is full
already.

Nothing on there that you need? Delete all the partitions from it with
YDL's installer. Then continue as you were before.

Gav