[SLUG] disk partitioning

Gavin Baker gav at supercowpowers.org
Fri Apr 9 14:45:07 BST 2004

Oops, forgot to mention...

Colm wrote:

> In the bottom half are the two drives with their various partitions.
>
> The guide says "Select the drive for YDL and click 'New'" - I selected
> '/dev/hdc', and clicked 'New'.

If the installer has an "auto partition" button, just select the disk
and click that. I'm sure that will work fine. You still might have to
delete the existing partitions first of course.

> [When I select 'swap', 'Mount Point' gets filled in as '<Not
> Applicable>'.]

Thats fine. A Swap space partition is used by the kernel for virtual
memory, it doesn't hold a regular file system, so It doesn't get mounted
anywhere.

Gav