[SLUG] Licence for lug documentation

jamie jamie at leafy.org.uk
Thu Apr 29 10:50:48 BST 2004

Hi All,

I have been thinking recently about a licence for the documentation that is on the lug website. It was mentioned briefly at last nights IRC meet but we didn't have a real discussion about it.

At the moment the documentation is not covered by any licence, which is of course fine. However, if we are going to be taking part in the Software Freedom Day, we should experience an increase of visitors to the website. I think it would be good to show that as supporters of open source software, we are also open with our documentation. Two licences spring to mind for me. The Creative Commons Licence [1] and the GNU Free Documentation Licence [2].

Would anyone that currently has docs on the site object to them being placed under licence? Any thoughts on the above licences, or any others?

Jamie

Linux User: #314423  |  ICQ: 140365501
Slug: http://www.scarborough.lug.org.uk

[1] http://creativecommons.org