[SLUG] Talks / Demonstrations

Al Girling al21 at firenet.uk.com
Sat Feb 21 09:17:42 GMT 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 09:38:19AM +0000, jamie wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> Since the first full meeting is coming up in March, I thought it would
> be a good idea to get a list of subjects that people would like to see
> talks/demonstrations on. I'll put the list up on the meetings page on
> the website and hopefully it might encourage people to volunteer for
> them. Could people reply to this message with things they would like
> to see?

OK Jamie, some things I'd like to see are;

Using GIMP,
LaTeX demo/basic introduction,
Security steps for newbies,
An intermediate guide to IRC (probably best on-line),
kernel compilation (I believe this is being worked on),
An intro to CVS,
Compiling software in general (while I've successfully done this several
times, it's been more by luck than judgement).

I'm sure I can think of more, but that'll do for now.

I'm trying to put together 'An Intro to vi/vim' myself which will
probably take the form of an on-line tutorial.

> Oh, and what are we calling these meetings? On the website I have
> called them 'full' and 'regular' meets. Does this sound okay, or not?

Sounds OK to me.

Toodle pip,

Al Girling			Registered Linux User: 290080
				http://counter.li.org