[SLUG] greetings and questions from a young penguin

Gavin Baker gav at supercowpowers.org
Sun Jul 18 16:52:19 BST 2004

Hi Colm,

Colm Osiris wrote:

> Thank you very much Gavin, for your reply.
>
> There's quite a lot there for me to investigate, including the good
> ole command line, which I'm only just starting to use. I'll look into
> these things over the next few days, and get back to you.

The commands I asked you to run are pretty easy. Just open a terminal
(konsole/gnome-terminal), and type them in, and press enter :)

For the ones I said "run em as root", type "su" and enter your root
password, then type the commands :)

> I'm using YDL 3.0.1.
>
> The modem is an external Trust 56k.

This shouldn't be a problem. Just plug it in and run kppp (Your using
KDE right?).
I would think yellowdog will have sorted everything else to allow that
to work.

Regards,
Gav