[SLUG] July Meeting

Mark Cunningham mhc at freeuk.com
Sun Jul 18 22:21:18 BST 2004

> It might be a good time to ask generally what people want.  At the meet
> in May this question was asked and it pretty much boiled down to
> wanting
> to meet other users and learn more about OSS.  We have somewhere in the
> region of 30 people subscribed to the mailing list, but rarely get more
> than five or six attend meetings.  Let us know what you want.  Best of
> all come to the next meet with a machine if possible.
>
> I get incredibly frustrated with the LUG at times, but I know that my
> satisfaction and enjoyment of the LUG won't improve unless I make an
> effort myself.
>
> Al
>
> Best of luck Fintan, maybe speak to you on IRC sometime.
> --
> Al Girling
> Linux User: #290080            <http://counter.li.org>
> Scarborough Linux User Group   <http://www.scarborough.lug.org.uk>

explain why I at least am rarely, if ever, at the SLUG meetings.
I'm now a student in Cardiff - and have been since September which was
just after my first Toby Jug meet. Due to a lack of time I've not been
getting round to fixing up a linux box for IRC either. I've finaly got
a beutifuly working powerbook though, so I can spend somemore time
trying to make my Linux box do what I want. I'm heading up to 'borough
in the next month so hopefully  should be at a meeting. Depending if i
can find a veichle - I'm looking for an old ford escort van (£200ish)
if anyone knows of one...- I may just get my box up there too!

Cheers

Markeyc