[SLUG] July Meeting

Jamie Adams jamie at leafy.org.uk
Mon Jul 19 00:11:48 BST 2004

On 15 Jul 2004, at 20:53, Fintan Gaughan wrote:

> Sorry
> not coming to any meetings now as i feel its a waste of my time
> what we can do at the toby jug as what we can do on irc
> if no one turns up thats a long trek for me as for irc i can log out
>
> sorry all
> but if i had lived in scarborough then i would just enjoy the drink
>
> Fintan

It is sorry that you feel like that. As for why I havn't been coming,
it's not that I see it as a waste of time, more that there isn't much
to make me want to come. I do very much enjoy attending when I do, but
as Fintan said - I come for the drink.

Like Al said, it was probably coincidence that only a couple turned up.
It would still be a good idea to poll people on what they expect
though, and to work out what we can realistically  provide.

I guess the Software Freedom Day was a bit of a sore point for me
(although not unsurprising). I was hoping that people would put some
effort into that one. It was a really good opportunity missed.

I'll pop along to the meetings when I can, and will try and make a
concerted effort to get an irc meet sometime soon.

--
Jamie Adams

ICQ: 140365501   |   SKYPE: jamieadamsuk
Bait for spammers: root at localhost postmaster at localhost
admin at localhost abuse at localhost postmaster at 127.0.0.1