[SLUG] Re: Scarborough Digest, Vol 41, Issue 3

Pete Redwood pete at predwood.charitydays.co.uk
Tue Jul 20 21:37:03 BST 2004

On Tuesday 20 July 2004 12:15, scarborough-request at mailman.lug.org.uk wrote:

Hi

Colm you were asking about running MAC software on Linux. The DVD on the
latest edition of Linux Format contains PearPC which is a MAC emulator. I
haven't tried it myself so I have no idea how or if it works.  I have
installed FileMakerPro 5 on SuSE 9.1 though, using the Wine installation that
came with that distro. Apart from one or two minor hiccups it works fine. I
did try FileMaker 6 but the installer seemed to loose the plot halfway
through and since FileMaker does not oblige with an install log I couldn't
track down what happened.
Incidentally I use OSX at work and I'm not exactly over impressed so I don't
think you are missing too much. Linux is far more fun and there is a wider
choice of first class programs.
I haven't yet been to a meeting either but mainly because I have only just
joined and seemed to have just missed one.

Pete