[SLUG] July Meeting

Al Girling al21 at firenet.uk.com
Thu Jul 22 15:30:37 BST 2004

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 05:18:25PM +0100, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-07-17 at 21:27, Al Girling wrote:
> > I'd say it was most likely coincidence that several regulars didn't make
> > it this month.  Of course book the Toby Jug (unless you know of
> > somewhere better ;)).
> >

> I know you are right and I apologise if I came over as judge and jury,
> that was n't meant. It's just a little embarrasing telling the landlord
> that he might as well lock up the Toby Jug as we have n't enough people
> to warrant going down there.

Not a problem Chris.  Although I had wondered if you'd made a wax image
of me and been sticking pins in the hip area as I've had bad sciatica
lately. :)  I appreciate your predicament when faced with a landlord
whose opening a bar specially for so few people.  Sorry if I was partly
the cause of this.

> > Next month I'll be bringing a machine along as normal.  I'll be putting
> > the printer in too.  It does work, but I've a few things which I'd like
> > to sort out.  Perhaps if we get a couple of other machines there we
> > could try to get printing over a network running.  Would others be
> > interested in this?
>
> I could possible bring down my spare pc. I just keep this machine around
> to experiment with (400Mhz K6-2, 128Mb Ram, 1.2Gb HD :( , Voodoo3), so I
> can have fun breaking it and leave my main (Debian) machine intact. It
> has SUSE on at the moment but I may stick Slackware on it. No matter
> what distro it has on it, I'm quite happy to have people experiment on
> it at the LUG - sticking on distros or using it in demos - in your case
> Al, networking it with your pc.

This would be great Chris, just what I had in mind.

Toodle pip,

Al Girling
Linux User: #290080            <http://counter.li.org>
Scarborough Linux User Group   <http://www.scarborough.lug.org.uk>