[SLUG] Backing up OSX

jamie jamie at leafy.org.uk
Thu Jul 22 22:34:20 BST 2004

I briefly spoke to Carl about this on IRC, but I want to make sure I get it right.

I have MacOSX currently occupying the whole of my ibook disk, however I would now like to dual boot the machine with Debian. I have a lot of information, and applications on OSX that I can't afford to loose.

What's the best way of backing up this data, and reinstating it on the disk? I'm also not sure about the whole process of dual booting with osx, previously i've only done it with os9.

Could someone give me some pointers? Or preferably a full guide? :)

Cheers me dears.

Jamie

Linux User: #314423  |  ICQ: 140365501
Slug: http://www.scarborough.lug.org.uk