[SLUG] $HOME/.profile

Stephen O'Neill soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 8 10:31:19 GMT 2004

>If I were to guess, I'd say $HOME should be replaced by my home
>directory. I'm logged in as root to do this installation. Seemed wise.
>But I guess to run it, I'd be logged in as me. So maybe I should be
>trying to edit the /.profile page in /home/me

Yup! :D

What they're refering to is the script that is executed whenever you run
a session in linux - from starting an x session (I think) to launching a
terminal.

I think that the file you'll be wanting will be called ".bash_profile",
and yes - you need to edit the one in the home directory of any users
who will be kicking j2ee off.

In this instance the '.' is insignificant really - it is actually part
of the filename itself, and is generally used to precede 'hidden' system
type files and stuff.

Steve