[SLUG] accented characters

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Thu Nov 25 08:06:48 GMT 2004

> You might like to try the Alt Gr key as well.  The page I found:
>
> http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Accented_Characters
>
> gives good details.  Although I found that some key combinations
> seemed
> to think my keyboard was still set to an American English one.
>
> Things like Alt Gr+{ then 'a' gives me an ä.
>
> Have fun.
>
> Toodle pip,
>
> Al

Wow. I was going to moan about the "Gr" part of that command,
searching around for a Gr key to combine with my Alt one.

Then I noticed. There is indeed an Alt Gr key, all on its own. And it
works. Wow, thanks.

What other keys have we got that, in almost 25 years of PC use, I've
never noticed? There seems to be a menu button to the right of that,
and it works too. Amazing.

Can't find any other weirdies. Although I did come a cropper with an
SQL statement the other day and couldn't work out why. It turned out
to be that I needed ` quotes around my values, not ' ones.

Crazy.