[SLUG] Mailing list use

Al Girling al21 at firenet.uk.com
Sun Nov 28 17:46:13 GMT 2004

Hi folks,

I'm sorry to be a bore with this, but over the last couple of months the
way in which some messages are being created has become a little messy.

No names no pack drill, but a few people are clicking the reply button
instead of creating new mail.  This is a major PITA for those of us who
use threading and also the mail archives.  I've also noticed during a
thread a message posted to an individual who then replied to the list
leaving a whole in a thread which makes it very hard to follow,
particularly via the archive.

<rant>
Finally, TOP POSTING!  It's not big and it not bybbqy clever!

Don't do it.  Save it for Yahoo and MSN groups where people know no
better.
</rant> :)

Toodle pip,

Al Girling