[SLUG] Mailing list use

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Mon Nov 29 09:50:05 GMT 2004

> I think the In-Reply-To contains the
> unique
> Message ID of the previous e-mail it is referring to.
> To clear things up I assume it's OK to hit 'reply' to something that
> is
> relevant to the current subject thread and use 'new' only to start a
> new subject thread?

I read something similar recently in another mailing list. There's a
unique reference that enables threading. You can clear what you like,
but if you hit reply it still has the unique reference and is threaded
as a reply in the same thread.

I've only changed my behaviour in the last couple of weeks to take
account of that new knowledge.