[SLUG] Recovering NTFS files with live CDs

Jamie Adams whostolemypen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 00:03:09 BST 2004

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 23:40:46 +0100, Jamie Adams <whostolemypen at gmail.com> wrote:

> The only suggestion I can think of is to network your two machines
> together. Hopefully your livecd has an ssh server available, then you
> can scp your files over from your machine. I have a suse livecd here
> and that definately has an ssh server.
>
> Jamie

As an additional thought, if all else fails you can always remove the
defective disk and bung it in your Linux machine. You can copy the
files over to your own hard disk easily enough then. Depends whether
Ali would be keen on you taking her machine to bits!

Just a suggestion.  I take no responsibility for loss of data, limbs
or self-esteem.

:)