[SLUG] Recovering NTFS files with live CDs

Gareth Roberts groberts at streetsaheadit.co.uk
Sun Oct 24 14:08:01 BST 2004

Going along the lines of what Jamie has said, I see two of the easier
choices:

1) Using a WinPE installation environment:
http://www.oion.net/qnd/bootcd/bartpe.shtml
2) Grabbing a copy of a Knoppix-based live CD environment .. the link above
actually has info on this.

I can't remember the name of the Knoppix-based distribution that I used when
I had a similar scenario, but it had full NTFS support - the only thing that
was missing was support for an onboard nForce2 network card, but apparently
the version mentioned on the WinPE page has included this.

HTH (my first mailing list post, yay!)

G.