[SLUG] RH9 Internet connection question

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Sun Oct 31 18:28:05 GMT 2004

Hi all

I've overcome the basic questions now, and I've got Red Hat 9 working.
Strangely, for those who remember my problems with the discs a few weeks
ago, they worked fine in the second computer.

Anyway, even though I had my USB adsl router connected throughout the
installation, it never asked me about Internet connection. Which is
strange, because with the first installation that wasn't connected to the
Internet, it did.

So, now I'm looking at the Internet connection wizard, I've selected to
install a dsl connection, and the choice of devices doesn't include what
I've got, which is an Actiontec R4500U.

Actiontec's support pages on the web are down for maintenance, and their
telephone support wants to charge unless I call in the week, and the
supplier, my ADSL provider, is busy.

A search for Actiontec R4500U Red Hat Linux brings up nothing.

Any suggestions how I might proceed from here, right now?

PS. This email was sent using Microsoft Windows. Now please wash your hands.