[SLUG] new website feedback

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Tue Sep 14 11:20:08 BST 2004

Hi

I think it looks really good and appears to have useful information. For
instance, I didn't know about the Linux course, and I've not done the IRC
thing but now I know how.

Regarding venue, I've heard rumour that the Scarborough Business Centre
(Auborough Street, Scarborough, YO11 1HT, 01723 355665) has a large
meeting room with video conferencing facilities, all paid for by the
council, but no-one uses it much. That's what I heard, no idea if it's
true.

The downside is it's got no beer, but perhaps if we wanted to do a proper,
businesslike presentation .. eg. for Linux day, or to present to local
businesses it might be useful to know about.

Hmm, it looks like Stoneleaf <http://www.stoneleaf.com/> is in there. No
idea who that is, but maybe someone in the group is Stoneleaf or knows
them.