[SLUG] Next meeting

Phil Kershaw pmk at kershaw.eclipse.co.uk
Wed Sep 22 19:55:46 BST 2004

Sorry folks, In my rush I forgot we have our open evening on Tuesday so
will not be able to make it. I do think a network evening would be good
though if we can arrange it for a future meeting.

Thanks for the help with slackware Paul. I now have a 800x600 display. I
must say that Slackware does seem easier and more intuitive to use than
Redhat. It installed and runs very well on my low spec machine. Whereas
when I tried to load redhat 9 it had real problems. In the end I
reverted back to Redhat 7.3. My next challenge is to install slackware
on a samsung laptop I have just aquired when I get the time!

A general question for the group. Is there a prefered way of putting a
background image on fluxbox. On one machine I have I used rootCommand:
xloadimage, on another bsetbg, while trying to get it to work I came
across Esetroot and fbsetbg. Or is it simply a matter of taste?

Regards

Phil