[SLUG] Next meeting

Paul Teasdale pdt at rcsuk.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Sep 22 21:11:54 BST 2004

On Wednesday 22 Sep 2004 20:03, Phil Kershaw wrote:
> Sorry folks, In my rush I forgot we have our open evening on Tuesday
> so will not be able to make it. I do think a network evening would be
> good though if we can arrange it for a future meeting.

Not to worry. Perhaps at the next meeting?

> Thanks for the help with slackware Paul. I now have a 800x600
> display. I must say that Slackware does seem easier and more
> intuitive to use than Redhat. It installed and runs very well on my
> low spec machine. Whereas when I tried to load redhat 9 it had real
> problems. In the end I reverted back to Redhat 7.3. My next challenge
> is to install slackware on a samsung laptop I have just aquired when
> I get the time!

I do like Slackware a lot but have found one draw back with it in the
last few days that almost drove me to despair. I may post the issue on
the list when I have more time.

BTW, just out of interest) did you get the display working with my
suggestion (using XFree86 version 3.3.6 from /pasture) or find an
acceptable way with Xorg?

> <SNIP>

Because I have hardly used Fluxbox ;)

> Regards