[SLUG] Windows machine playing DVD

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Thu Sep 23 10:19:41 BST 2004

Hi

I don't know whether this is an appropriate place to bring this up, but
here goes.

I went to the Stephen Joseph Theatre last night to see a film projected
using a Windows machine playing a DVD. I've only seen this done once
before, and both times the film suffered awful jitter.

This time it seemed to get fixed, so maybe the projectionist knew what he
was doing .. a couple of small icons came up on the screen which made me
think he (she?) was doing something, and then the jitter went away so,
yes, he fixed it.

My point is though, would a Linux machine play a DVD reliably, without
jitter?

If so, maybe the projectionist would like to hear from one of us. I'm
presuming someone in the group must make their money from selling Linux
solutions. I'm sure I can get a contact name if anyone wants it.