[SLUG] Scanner for 8mm film?

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Sat Apr 2 16:18:22 BST 2005

To Jamie,
Thankyou for taking the trouble to look round, which was too good of you
really.
Re standards, all I know is that scanners usually specify that they are for
the standard 35mm film of traditional cameras ( before digital cameras took
over ).
The low resolution scanners in the public library dont go very far in
improving the 8mm size slide, as was to be expected. I dont know what high
resolution scanners would do and manufacturers dont seem interested in
letting you know.
I think it's just a matter of trying the scanner manufacturers every few
years, as I have done previously.
I have read discussions on the web about re-mastering old 8mm cine films.
There didnt seem to be a way to do a good job cheaply. But all I wanted to do
was make photoes of a few representative slides not generally make-over
entire films. You know how legendarily boring are home movies.
It was meant to be an interest for someone else, not myself.

Thanks again, dont put yourself to any more bother - especially as your other
e-mail says you are too busy.
Your help was appreciated.

From
 Richard.