[SLUG] Transcript of the Software Patents talk

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Fri Apr 15 12:07:19 BST 2005

Hi everyone.

For some reason I got up at 6am this morning and thought I'd do the
transcript of the Farrell's software patents talk before work started.
At 8:30 when that type of nonsense usually stops and I start work, I
thought "I'm almost done, may as well finish it".

Well, it's now midday.

Anyway, I've done it <http://www.johnallsopp.co.uk/swpatBurnett.php4>,
it looks great, I've added some useful links where appropriate.

Farrell, if you feel there's anything else you'd like to add feel free
to yell. Because the article includes a few of your personal views I
didn't know how much you'd like to be linked to it, so I've not
plastered your name all over my links to the page. If you'd rather I
did (just in case it raises your profile), I'm happy to.

Oh, and there's a very curious thing going on with the Free Software
Alliance, if you search for that in the text, what is going on? It
looks like a spoof site, and the original one, but the spoof site a)
comes up top in Google if you search for Free software alliance (if it
were a straight hack, I can't imagine it getting top slot in Google),
and b) it seems to be part of the original domain. Very curious.
Unless the FSA was a joke all along. Entirely unsure what to think.

Anyway, enjoy :-)