[SLUG] Pink list arrived, insufficient info on Linux courses

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Sat Apr 16 08:40:06 BST 2005

Hi

This is for Mike really .. I got the Pink list of local courses (by
phoning the number advertised in the Trader) and I can see the three
short Linux courses you're offering. My problem is, I know they're
only short but I'd really like to know what you intend to cover in
each one.

With my marketing hat on, I think the most stressful part of a
nightschool class is the first day .. where is it? What will the
people be like? Will it be my thing? Three short courses .. three
days, then two, and two, are like just having those days. It's a lot
to ask someone to organise themselves to get to college, to overcome
those discomforts, for the limited payback of three evenings looking
at Linux.

So, in order to commit, I need to know what you intend to cover.

Also Madeleine, I was wondering if it's the sort of thing you might be
interested in.

And anyway, for me personally, a course that lasted, say, a year,
maybe with a follow-on the year after for advanced users, and led to a
qualification would be much more interesting to me.