[SLUG] Meeting dates

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Sat Apr 16 23:01:53 BST 2005

Hi y'all

OK, so I received no howls of protest about my geeky system for
determining meeting dates, so here are the next six dates:

Tuesday 3 May
Monday 6 June
Wednesday 6 July
Wednesday 3 August
Tuesday 6 September
Monday 3 October

All meetings are currently a pint and a mumble at the Cricketers,
unless anyone volunteers to do a talk or bring something along.

All dates are preliminary at this stage, as I haven't spoken to the
Cricketers yet.

I presume, Steve, you'll put that up on the site. The 'rules' so we
can work out further dates, are set out at the end of this email.

I think I will try the bragging system, at least once. It's gorgeously
social worker, but basically I'll bring along a soft ball or similar
and throw it to someone who will have to brag about something Linux
related that they're proud of, that they've done since the last
meeting. They then throw the ball to someone else until we've all
bragged about something. Hateful. Useful. Interesting despite itself.
I'm willing to put my neck on the block for it :-) So have a ponder
what you're going to brag.

The other thing for the next meeting appears to be sorting out the
Digital Scarborough event so I guess Mike will take the floor at some
point.

Anything else, let me know.

PS. The geeky system is that we'll meet on the first Monday, Tuesday
or Wednesday whose date is wholly divisible by three. I'm making no
exceptions for bank holidays. If the Cricketers is booked, I'm going
to go for the same day a week later, and if that's booked, the week
after that. If all are booked, we can arrange a pint anywhere we like
on the originally planned day. I think that's enough of that.