[SLUG] Re: Hello

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Sun Apr 17 20:51:28 BST 2005

>> This is Madeleine, I came to the patents meeting a few weeks back.
>> I'm hoping to transfer in
>> the next few months, but as my work is largely design based I'll
>> take in cautiously. Alarmingly, I keep reading that designers should
>> steer clear of Linux.

> Gimp is a brilliant program on Linux and will do most of what
> Photoshop will do.

Grokking the Gimp promises to be a good, in depth, book about using
The Gimp. I've bought it, started working through it, and I like its
promise, but I've failed to implement some of its recommendations
about Gimp setup so remain undecided.

I was actively avoiding it because of its title which I think gives
the impression it's about tweaking The Gimp, customising it, giving it
some blue lights under the front bumper. Actually it promises to
deliver the knowledge to enable us to really use the Gimp
professionally, so I'm looking forward to it.