[SLUG] OT: Browse the net super quick..

Ian Eade webmaster at hammondgallery.co.uk
Mon Apr 18 22:23:41 BST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: scarborough-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk
[mailto:scarborough-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of Jamie Adams
Sent: 18 April 2005 21:20
To: Scarborough Linux User Group
Subject: [SLUG] OT: Browse the net super quick..

I think this site truly shows what a slow hulk of bulk the web has
become.

Try this website:

http://www.loband.org/loband/main

Those that regularly use lynx, links, w3m or something similar will be
used to this, but for those accustomed to graphical browsers this shows
how quick the net can become.

Well the pages do load fast but what a rape and pillage exercise this is

http://www.loband.org/loband/page?_ab_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hammondgaller
y.co.uk&_ab_request=Go

Maybe if I had only 20 seconds to live and needed to get a few more
images from www.*******.com I would use it, there again the images are
stripped so that’s completely pointless.

It also seems ironic that it appears that the website is written using
java servlet pages, they have done for web speed what sloth's have done
for the 100m world record.

Maybe the website is just another academic exercise to keep the lost and
confused busy? Or maybe it’s the foundations for a meeting discussion on
what web speed is and how it can be achieved?

Ian

Ps
How come the list emails are being duplicated?