[SLUG] Website Service

Ian Eade webmaster at hammondgallery.co.uk
Sat Apr 30 00:44:48 BST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: scarborough-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk
[mailto:scarborough-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of Stephen
O'Neill
Sent: 29 April 2005 19:16
To: Scarborough Linux User Group
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Website Service

Ian Eade wrote:
>If so you could use that to include the files instead.
Well, as if by magic the server is processing SSI directives again.

Cheers for the PHP suggestion Ian, I didn't fancy that though as it'd
have involved modifying a fair chunk of the site.

Steve

Not trying to create work but I speak from experience having taken apart
(as have other group members) the (SLUG) website and put it back
together again with php includes.

The basic work took a couple of hours of ripping through the pages and
removing everything but the page copy text, then a double check of the
formatting and that’s it.

As you can imagine the maintenance time afterwards is practically zero,
I even have numerous copies of the website if you want - LOL

Ian