[SLUG] Wednesday's meeting

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Mon Aug 1 08:43:48 BST 2005

Hi ppl

Just a reminder, the August meeting is on Wednesday at the Cricketers
at 7:30.

Bring along your retro game installation.

It does appear the owners are moving on as rumoured last time.
Apparently the upstairs room is 'full of boxes' but she'll make some
space for us.

We'll have to see whether we can continue to use the venue in future,
and whether we want to (I mean, what happens if it stops being a real
ale pub :-0).

One other thought, I can't remember if I've mentioned it. I've been
happy for the meeting to have that half an hour up to eight o'clock to
let everyone arrive and be social within, but because it's midweek
people do tend to slope off fairly early. What I'd like to try this
time is for the LPI learners to do their notes swap and discussion
thing at around 7:45 and we can then continue on into the other
things. So bring your notes along and any questions.

This month, those other things include discussing the retro gaming
feature in Linux Format and discussing Software Freedom Day.

I was also wondering whether we could turn next month's meeting into a
debate around the Debian distribution along the lines of "this house
believes that Debian 'sarge' was worth waiting for", but we'll need
pros and againsts and so on and someone who knows how a debate goes.
Another possibility is Martin talking about his work in London
providing Linux machines to poor households through a charity or
church.

Obviously if there are other things to talk about and/or other ideas,
yell. This is a forum after all :-)

Cheers