[SLUG] Wednesday's meeting

Martin Webb martin at webb.lcbroadband.co.uk
Mon Aug 1 09:27:29 BST 2005

john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:

>I was also wondering whether we could turn next month's meeting into a
>debate around the Debian distribution along the lines of "this house
>believes that Debian 'sarge' was worth waiting for", but we'll need
>pros and againsts and so on and someone who knows how a debate goes.
>Another possibility is Martin talking about his work in London
>providing Linux machines to poor households through a charity or
>church.

Hello, John,
I'm happy to talk about the recycling of PCs from our church, but
there's not that much to say, beyond the fact that we do it.  Might take
up an interesting five minutes or so.  However, I'm not in Whitby on the
first MonTueWed that divides by three until October, when we were
talking about showing some DVD material (CD ?) using digital projector,
screen, etc.
Btw, someone was going to send me a sample of the pictures to be shown,
so I could test it out on the equipment I might bring.  Nothing has yet
arrived.  Sorry, I can't remember who was sending it to me.  All  best
wishes for Aug meeting - I can send LPI notes to anyone who would like
them.  Will  you be publishing in this forum August's study subjects as
you did for July?
Martin