[SLUG] Kernel 2.6.x reboot on Athlon

David Webster dave at dave-webster.com
Tue Aug 2 18:41:08 BST 2005

Just wondering if anyone has come across this problem before?

After upgrading my Kernel from 2.4 to 2.6, I've experienced the kernel
hanging when it should send a reset signal to the processor.  I blamed
it on my motherboard for a few years, but last week I replaced it and
found that this problem still persists.  The processor I'm running is an
original AMD Athlon 750+ and the OS is Fedora 4.

Is there a patch for the processor or a way to make 2.6 use the 2.4
reboot method?

Dave