[SLUG] Re: How remove boxes round open office rows of text?

pete at predwood.charitydays.co.uk pete at predwood.charitydays.co.uk
Sun Aug 7 13:50:52 BST 2005

On Sunday 07 August 2005 12:15, Richard Lung wrote:
> I scanned some pages onto Word at the library.
> Opening the document with Open office ( as an OCR document ) every row of
> text is closed in a box of straight lines. How do I remove the boxes, so I
> can edit the rows normally as one body of text?
> The select all and copy functions dont work in the boxed mode.
> There's no other progam the text will transfer to, to do the editing.
Open Office translates Word documents that have been scanned rather
differently. Better to save them as 'text' (.txt) in the first instance
rather than Word's Rich Text Format (.rtf)
To get out of it now, from Open Office, save the document as text, re-open the
saved version and then save it again in Open Office format (or Word if you
must). You will loose any formatting but chances are that it has been junked
anyway. If you have set up styles (press F11 to bring up the most common
ones) it should be a fairly straightford process to click on each paragraph
to re-format.

Pete Redwood