[SLUG] How do I tell if Linux supports my intended graphics card?

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Wed Aug 10 13:02:58 BST 2005

>> john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:
>>
>>>So. How do I tell whether this card has a fully supportive Linux
>>>driver or not?

I've just got this from GigaByte
Dear customer,

Unfortunately there are no linux drivers available, Linux is an "open
source" software; therefore, most of drivers are written/provided by
3rd party. We are continuing to have latest Linux compatibility test
done for every new model; however, features/functions/drivers are not
supported at this moment.
Please search the internet or visit chipset vendor for any drivers
download. Thanks for your understanding and we will soon improve our
Linux support.

Thank you